Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2014!

I firmly believe that how we start the new year is how the year goes.  What I planned on doing today was a bit of cleaning, eating healthy (gifting away all the left over Christmas baking, chocolates etc), a bit of exercising and some sewing.

Reality check.  We always visit our parents on New Years Day.  I would not want to miss doing that!  We are so grateful that they are such an important part of our lives.  So there goes the eating healthy part of today.  Our parents feed us.  A lot.  And they are trying to get rid of all the Christmas goodies as are we. 

Not sure I'll be able to get much exercising in.  The cleaning will happen.  But I'm going to have to make sure that I sew something.  Not sure what, but something.

What is really scaring me though is that here it is, already 8:20 am.  And I'm drinking coffee and playing on the computer.  If I remember correctly, that's how I started 2013!  And that's what I ended up doing every morning for the whole year!  Even on vacation!  My good plans to live healthier, accomplish more, and limit computer time may be doomed already.
 

I received some great news to start off the year.   One of my e-mail friends has purchased a Bailey Long Arm machine!  I'm so looking forward to reading about her experiences with it.  I love this machine.  It's basic.  Either I or my husband can trouble shoot any issues.  So far all my husband has done was to add a paper clip to the thread guides.  This machine has very little that can go wrong with it.

Bailey, in my humble opinion needs a different thread guide in the needle area.  My husband got creative and added a paper clip he bent into a circle at one end and straightened on the other.  All the more expensive machines have a thread guide right above the eye of the needle.  The Bailey has a thread guide to the right or left of the needle.  I never use either of those.  Instead I thread through the paper clip guide.

I'm hoping for lots of e-mails from Debi.  I wish her many hours of smooth quilting experience.  There is a learning curve but it's so much fun.  Makes the learning curve worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment