Saturday, January 18, 2014

Have I been getting any sewing done?

The answer is yes.  Some.  A bit.  A couple of hours worth.

Okay, time to confess.  I've made exactly one block.  It's the last block for this month in the "Welcome To The North Pole" BOM.  So the three blocks to be sewed this month are done up to the embellishment stage.  After a trip to Micheal's craft store to pick up supplies, I am ready to completely finish these blocks.  Hopefully this week will see them done.  Then I'll have a week to work on other projects before February's BOM package is ready for pickup from the quilt shop.

So what's keeping me away from the sewing room.  Not cooking!  Or cleaning!  I'm learning Linux.  The free on line classes offered by Edmonton Public Library that I registered for have started.  Hopefully be the time it's finished I'll have a better understanding of Linux.

The course is six weeks long, with lessons coming out on Wednesdays and Fridays.  Students have two weeks to finish each lesson.  I know if I don't keep up, I'll never finish the course.  So far by noon each Wednesday and Friday, I've finished the lesson and taken the quiz.

Along with the Linux class, I'm playing with yet another tablet.  I'm really enjoying my Kobo Arc.  Mom, my son, as well as one of my best friends have the same tablet which makes it even more fun.  Playing around with Skype, competing for the best most points on the games, etc. has been a blast.  

Personalizing the case for the Kobo has been fun as well.  We have the same cases.  So without personalizing them, there could be some unintentional swapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment