Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Progress on the Block of the month

Progress on the block of the month:

Two days ago I said that my goal for the day was to trace the templates onto the plastic film.  Well, I'm still not finished.  I'm having some "stick with it" issues.  I get distracted very easily.

There are six or seven more blocks of templates that need to be traced.  Then comes the tracing onto the fusible webbing.  That I will do one block at a time.  So my goal for today is to finish the tracing on the plastic film.  Then trace one blocks worth of templates onto the webbing.  Thursday will be making the block.  Friday is the first group meeting at the quilt shop.

The distractions:

It has been a couple of fun days here.  Snow removal of course.  Our weather has been cold, but not as cold as other parts of the country have "enjoyed".  A side affect of the cold weather is that there are more e-mails, tweets and blog posts to keep up with.

One tweet lead me to discover that the Edmonton Public Library offers on line courses.  Because I really don't want to do anything but play, I check it out.  There are loads of classes on just about every subject!  I quickly called a friend who is getting used to Windows 8.  She's now enrolled for a class that starts in 7 days.  Cool. 

But are there any classes I would like.  Loads.  Digital scrap booking, photography, writing. Linux and many more.  We use Linux and it would be nice to add programs, extra. without having to get my husband involved.  He's more than happy to do so, but I want to "do it myself".  Guess I spent too much time around toddlers.

So I'm enrolled in the Linux course which also starts on the 15th.  I definitely need to get caught up with my Block of the month project. And keep from enrolling in even more classes with the library.  I still want time to play with all the new games I've put on my tablet.


No comments:

Post a Comment