Thursday, January 9, 2014

First Block Stitched

I would have said that the first block is finished, but it's not.  I still have embellishments to do.  Like sew some glitter onto the trees and perhaps in the snow.

The Wonder Under fusible webbing did not work as well as the less expensive type that I usually buy from Fabricland.  After it's used up, I'll go back to the product I'm more familiar with.

I was supposed to do the raw edge stitching with invisible thread on top.  The thread tension was awful.  No matter how I adjusted it.  So the invisible thread is now in the bobbin and a light gold is showing for the top stitching.  The gold should work fine with all the blocks.  It is supposed to be a Christmas wall hanging after all.

So here's the block, without embellishments.  The block still has to be trimmed down to 4.5" square.


There are two more blocks (both way more complicated) to be finished by the end of the month.  The templates, fabric, iron etc. will probably stay on the kitchen counter until it's done.  A constant reminder to keep working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment