Friday, November 15, 2013

Having fun - enjoying Epcot

Thursday November 14

EPCOT was fun. We started with a ride on Space Ship Earth where finally the fast pass plus system worked.  Mom rode with JT while I rode with SB.  Since Mom and I had been on the ride previously we were able to tell them when the ride starts going backwards so no one was surprised.  This was necessary for SB so she could brace her back and neck.  It's not a rough ride at all but her neck is extremely sore right now. We used the computers at the end of the ride to e-mail home photos our ourselves taken on the ride.  Hopefully the ladies receive them.

Then on to the Land Pavilion.  We have a fast pass for Living With The Land.  We really do not need a fast pass since this ride is usually not that busy.  But I wanted to give the Magic Bands a good workout to see how well they are work.  Since we had to kill time until our fast pass time, we took in the Circle of Life.  Sure hope everyone has seen Lion King.

Next three of us rode Soarn'. SB decided she would pass on that one because of her back and neck.  JT enjoyed Soarn' as much as Mom and I do.

Then on to Club Cool were we enjoyed a lot of different Coke products. Surprising no one, SB enjoyed the one from Greece the best. I even tried the dreaded "Beverly".  I can handle two or three small cups of that one.  Any more would not have a good outcome.  I also enjoyed the beverage from Greece as well as some of the other flavours.

After playing the Great Piggy Bank Race we headed out to World Showcase. As Canadians we naturally started with Canada.  We enjoyed the Oh Canada show and talked to a lot of fun guests.  This is where we start getting some reaction to our castle bags.

The street performers just started at the UK pavilion when we got there so we watched them for a bit. Then on to the show in France (Impressions de France) which was very enjoyable but certain unnamed individuals fell asleep.  I will point out that those same individuals did manage to stay awake for the candy making at Japan.

We then made our way to Morocco for dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh and the belly dance show.  Great meal and if I could make salads that good I'd be skinny cuz I'd be eating them all the time!  I will find out how to make that salad dressing!  On my two previous visits I could never convince the people I was with to try this restaurant.  The photos of the meals make it look like they are heavy on sauces.  Well the salad dressing was wonderful, and the rest of the meal had no sauces.  The belly dancer was great.

We made it around the show case as far as the US and after seeing The American Adventure show we staked out our spot for Illuminations.  Which was as great as I remembered it.  Something all of us enjoyed.





Friday:

Today we had a late start on purpose. First we went to browse the shops at Downtown Disney.  We really didn't do too much damage to our wallets on this trip.  But I'm sure we'll fix that soon.  We had JT's birthday lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. It's noisy at this restaurant but there is so much happening.  The restaurant gave JT a complimentary cupcake for her birthday.

Back to Pop to get ready for the Christmas party

More on that later...


No comments:

Post a Comment