Friday, November 29, 2013

After Our Walt Disney World Trip

WDW Stuff

I finally finished organizing the photos, burning over 400 photos onto 4 DVD's, getting the videos that turned out onto flash drives for the ladies, wrote and printed up 4 copies of what we were up to daily on the trip.  Oh, and printed out maps of all the Walt Disney Parks from their site.  The maps list only the activities we took in and mark where these rides, shows and restaurants are located.

Each of the ladies also received a copy of the brochures given out at the parks on the days we were there.  With show times lists.  They also get resort and dining information.  The resort information was in our rooms, but we just did not have time to go over it as well as we should have.  I make this mistake every time we go to WDW.  One of these days I'll learn.  We miss out on a lot of fun and free activities.

All that is left for us to do now, is decide which photos we want to print, get that done and then organize them.  I plan on printing about 70.  Good think Costco's is currently charging 10 cents per photo (plus tax).  I'm being mean.  I'm making every one decide on what photos to print themselves.  If they think that's hard to decide, they should have been the ones organizing and deleting similar shots.  Making the decisions on which was the best photo was hard!

I am sad to say that I lost my Magic Band.  It was in my carry on bag.  Since the airline does not offer any gluten free snacks, and as a insulin dependent diabetic, I carry my own snacks.  While rummaging through the bag to retrieve the snacks the Magic Band fell out.  I did call the airline but it was not found.

At home

We have been kitty sitting my son's cat while he was touring around the province with a play his company sponsors.  All in all our two cats and his got along quite well.  We are not used to a cat that can move so fast though.  It's been a long time since our girls got around that quickly.

I was going to put up the Christmas Tree and decorate while Bonnie was here.  It's so much fun decorating with a younger feline around to help.  Our two girls take an interest but they no longer do sneak attacks on the ornaments, or run off with them.  I kinda miss that.  Maybe I'll borrow Bonnie back when I get around to decorating.

On the quilting front:

Remember the bathroom tile patterns I posted previously?  I e-mailed them to Brandy Lynn at "Canadian Quilt Talk" podcast along with a story about the weird looks one gets when taking photos in a bathroom.  (It was just photos of the floor tile, get a grip people.)  Well Brandy Lynn liked the story and read it on her podcast.  I won another year's subscription to Quilter's Connection.  I already receive this magazine so I asked that the subscription go to a friend of mine in BC.  I know she will enjoy it.  This is an e-subscription so the magazine comes digitally not via Canada Post.

I actually made it back into the sewing room.  But instead of hemming the sleeves on the two Christmas/Holiday shirts I brought back from the World, I made pillow cases.  These are to go with a quilt I made for some one's Christmas present.  So no photos.  For those who have never made a pillow case, do a search for videos on how to make them.  Creative and easy.  The first one was made from start to finish (including cutting) in less than 20 minutes.

What's up for today?  Well it's Black Friday and two of my local fabric stores are having a sale.  While I'm at one of the locations I'll be taking photos of the mall's decorations.  Disney does such a great job of decorating and SB and I are missing the whole place.  So I'm going to try and visit my favourite malls, take photos and post them here for us to enjoy.  We'll see how it goes.  The malls may have an issue with it.  Hope not. 

As I'm walking I'll get some steps in on my FitBit.  I stayed home for most of the first 5 days I was back.  Several to get things organized and the rest of the time because DS was expecting some packages I had to sign for.  Then yesterday I got a good walk in despite the ice, but forgot my FitBit at home.  Today will be a major walking day (not as much as we averages in WDW) and I'm promising myself not to forget my FitBit this time.

Now for a bit of sewing until the stores open....



No comments:

Post a Comment