Monday, August 12, 2013

Having a "Fit" bit

Ever feel like you can not keep up with technology?  I am not tech savvy, but I am stubborn (just ask my husband and son).  So my new challenge is getting my Fitbit to work.

We use a Linux operating system called Ubuntu.  The Fitbit does not seem to sync with it.  So I try to sync with my iPad.  Worked great.  Once.  Then I try with my iPhone.  Worked...once.  I'm pretty sure it's something I'm not doing right.  Either that or the Fitbit doesn't like me.

Today I walked to my doctor's then to a mall that is about 2 kilometers away and back.  One would think the Fitbit would be impressed.  Instead it tells me that I only walked 2,300 steps and that the distance was .9 of a mile. 

I have fought many a battle with fitness equipment, in which the fitness equipment usually wins.  I have dealt with quilts, sewing machines, electronic gadgets and call centers where I can at least have the illusion of success.  I will persist in getting this Fitbit to acknowledge my efforts!  Or drive their help desk crazy.

Since I am writing about health, wellness and frustration, I'm going to mention something I really appreciate.  Sparkspeople!  Check the site out.  Loads of information about health, fitness and for those who cook - recipes.  They have calorie and fitness trackers.  Even A1C trackers for diabetics.  Exercise videos.  All for free. 





No comments:

Post a Comment