Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to the quilt studio

Now that our trip to Vancouver Island is over, and we have had a chance to cool down (wow, was the ride in the RV hot!), I can get back to my quilting studio.

After being in my SIL's lovely new home I found I can no longer ignore the fact that the curtains in this room came with the house.  We purchased it in the early 90's and who knows how long the curtains were there prior to that!  They are so blah that I just can't keep them up any longer. 

Years ago I participated in a birthday block exchange with an Internet group.  I received very colorful - 60's type fabric blocks. Somehow I am going to use them along with some amusing cartoon quilter's fabric.  They will be "in your face" curtains.  And will keep the quilt police out of my room.  (Not that I ever let that type of quilter in my home.)  Now to figure out how to make them.  I'm heading over to the local fabric store this afternoon for inspiration and supplies.  Hopefully I'll be able to put up a photo of the new curtains by the end of the week.  (Use sunglasses to view,)

Did I mention that I won a year's subscription to a great Canadian quilting magazine?  And it was through a Canadian quilting podcast! The podcast host asked for amusing quilting short stories so I sent them one about my DH attending a quilt conference with me.  Check it out on podcast #7 of Canadian Quilt Talk.

Canadian Quilt Talk Podcast

Quilter's Connection Magazine

An update on the Fitbit issue:  The Fitbit help desk requested that I return the device to the retailer. If it was beyond the return time window, they offered to replace it themselves.  Now that's great service!  Fortunately I am within Amazon's return time so I sent the device back yesterday.  Now to see if it really is that easy to return something to Amazon.  It just seems way to easy.  I am finding that I am missing the silly thing.  Now to dig up a pedometer to use until I get the replacement.


No comments:

Post a Comment