Friday, August 9, 2013

All in a day

August 7, 2013

One never knows what a day will bring.  Today started as most do, with feeding the cats and then coffee!  BFF Joan was to come over for an early visit before heading out to some appointments.  She called to cancel since she wasn't feeling well.  So I drank the whole pot of coffee by myself.  Don't be alarmed, that's my usual intake.

Then came loosing track of time surfing the net.  After that was creative time working on a quilt top.  All that is left is squaring it up before adding the last borders.

This is definitely an new and old style quilt.  Not so much the design but what is going into it.  First, the main blocks are from an internet swap (thus the new).  Secondly the rest of the fabrics are not 100% cotton (don't tell the quilt police)  I use what works and what is affordable.  One fabric was used as table covers when we used to sell at a flea market.  Another was "recovered" from a bed skirt that my Mom no longer needed.  The backing will come from the matching bed spread.  The center comes from the swap and are paper pieced canning jars with nature scenes inside the jars.  The blocks are square in a square put together in a 4 patch and joined with sashing. 

While playing on the computer and then quilting, I am really waiting for two deliveries.  Amazon is sending a Fitbit via UPS and FedEx is delivering Christmas tickets (I know it's August but they sell out early-don't ask...)   Just as I am about to give up and head out for a walk in the rain, they both showed up.  Glad I was still at home to sign for the packages!  The Fitbit is charging ready to be used tomorrow.  I'm hoping to get in a lot of walking to test it.  I'm tech challenged  so I had some problems figuring out how and what to do with this thing.  Thank you You-tube videos!  They are my go to for solutions.

DH enjoyed Sheppard's pie for supper.  Thank you Costco.  (I do not cook unless forced to.)  Then it was time to get ready for bed and the phone rings.

It was a friend's daughter calling to say her Dad passed away this morning.  I was hoping to go see him out on Vancouver Island next week.  His sister-in-law had let me know he had suffered a stroke a few weeks ago.  Why do we put these types of visits off.  Do we think that life never ends?    My thoughts and prayers to his new wife whom I've never met, his much loved daughter, her husband and their three little boys.

RIP Art....


No comments:

Post a Comment