Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Driving the Help Desk Crazy

Well in my last post I did say that I'm persistent.  And that there was a good chance that I would be driving the poor souls at the Fitbit help desk crazy.

We are on day two of sending e-mails back and forth.  I understand that they have no idea what computer skills the person on the other end has, so I will be patient.

"Are you using a device that will support the Fitbit?"  According to your specifications, yes I am.

"Is the wi-fi and blue tooth enabled?"  Yes.

And what got me giggling is the question that is always asked "Did you re-boot the device?"  Okay, maybe they didn't ask if I re-booted, but they did say to power it down and then turn it back on.  If that's not a re-boot, then what is?
These guys must have put in time with Microsoft!  Or the government IT desk.  This seems to be their "go to" answer for everything.

At the end of the day, I am still unable to sync the Fitbit, but I am still being patient.  I'm hoping at the end of this that I'm not so tired of this gadget that I won't bother using it.

Hang in there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment