Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 6 at WDW


April 9 – Another Resort Day – Robert joined us for a bit and Suzanne did some exploring.

After breakfast Phil and I walked around the lake. Lots of squirrels, ducks and a few lizards.

Robert met up with us at Pop Century. Then we headed off to Downtown Disney for a while.

Suzanne meanwhile went off to Animal Kingdom Lodge. She found it nice but very loud with the drums. Apparently she got there when they have the kids walk around the restaurant with cast members banging on drums. Wish she would have made it out to the savanna where it is very quiet and surreal. Suzanne did find something special for her grandson there and then headed off to Downtown Disney to pick up something for her husband. Then she hit the Earl of Sandwich. This seems to be one of Suzanne's favourite places to eat on this trip.

We ate at the Earl of Sandwich. Robert picked up some gluten free baking for me. I was supposed to share with Mom, but I'm afraid she didn't get much more than a taste.

We checked out some of our old favourite shops as well as the new ones. I have to say that I like the older shops best. The new ones are going for the more “upscale” and we're the type of guest that buy the Goofy Hawaiian shirt, Minnie Mouse sunglasses and the like. Not the $125 backpacks. $60 cell phone cases....

Robert left after a bit of shopping and we headed off to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We saw a giraffe and some other birds and animals out on the savanna. Very peaceful, at least during the day. The faint aroma of a camp fire in the air. One of these days we'll get there when they have the camp fires and story telling. If we had our act together we could have gone on a resort/restaurant tour.





We then took the bus to Art of Animation and ate there. When I first toured this resort I couldn't quite figure out how their food court line ups worked. We got there during a quiet time and were able to give it a good look over. Turns out that it's really quite easy and lots of selection.

Mom, Suzanne and I went down for a swim during the evening. The water was so warm that I got chilly when I got out. No more cotton swim cover ups for me. I'm making on out of thick terry towels as soon as I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment