Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 5 at WDW


April 8 – Resort Day – Robert at time share. Suzanne's version of a quiet day.

Mom and I did laundry early in the morning when it wasn't hot. The guys did it later. There are laundry facilities be each of the pools. Only two machines accepted change. The rest required use of a credit card.

After our laundry was done, Mom and I did a video walking from the Classic Hall to Suzanne's room, the view from her area, then up to our room. This way she can show her family how close she was to us and the important areas – shopping and food.

Mom and I then went Downtown and took the boat to Port Orleans French Quarter Resort. A lovely resort! We walked it just a bit, had a washroom break, took loads of photos then headed back to the boats. Next time we'll feel just that much more confident to branch out a bit more and explore the rest of the resort and maybe check out Port Orleans Riverside as well.





Meanwhile, Suzanne, who said she intended to have a quiet day, enjoyed a trip to Hollywood Studios where she picked up some new mugs. Not having to keep a constant eye on where all the others were Suzanne was able to just relax and take her time.. In the afternoon Suzanne went to Downtown Disney, where she took her time in the Disney's Days of Christmas store She picked up some new Christmas tree ornaments of Minnie.



The guys were almost finished their laundry by this time (they had a sleep). When they were done we picked up Suzanne and headed out to Magic Kingdom to take the boat to the Polynesian Resort.
We ate at Captain Cooks. I was listening to Mom instead of taking notice of what was going on around me and we ended up jumping the queue to get into Captain Cooks. I felt so bad when I realized what happened. I hate people who do that...and then I ended up being “one of those people”.

We then took the Monorail back to the Magic Kingdom, watched the fire works from a different angle then we watched the Electrical Water Pageant. Then back to Pop Century.

The guys went to their room, back to the air conditioning, while the ladies headed to the pool bar. A Mai Tia each for Mom and myself and Long Islands for Suzanne.  I do have a photo that could go in at this point....but it's too embarrassing!

Back in the room I checked my e-mails. Tina was now eating which made us feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment