Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Block of the Month fabric and a finished quilt!

A quick stop at Sew Divine Quilt Shop yesterday and the fabric for this month's two blocks are at home, ready to be used.  February's blocks from the Welcome to the North Pole quilt are "Welcome" and "The Marble Shop".

Hope there are no special instructions as I'm not going to be able to make it to this month's meeting at the shop.

I have the templates traced out on the plastic and about half of the shapes traced onto the fusible web.  Hopefully I can get the tracing finished by this evening.

Further on the quilting front.....I finished a quilt this morning!  My son had purchased a bedspread from eBay.  It's from one of our favourite vacation resorts.  The resort sells their extra items when ever they do a refresh to their rooms. 

This bedspread was so heavy.  I would never want to take on a housekeeper that developed the muscles to handle hundreds of these spreads on a daily basis. 

To make the spread usable, I separated the backing, bat and top.  Even then the top was really heavy.  Next I purchased a light queen size flat sheet to use as the backing along with a very light weight bat. 

The actual quilting on my long arm went well.  Then came the binding.  I've put on binding on a lot of quilts.  And never with as much problem as I had with this one.  Not sure what the issue was.  Maybe it was the weight of the quilt.  But it's on now.  Not quite as nice as I would have wished.  But it's done!



Tomorrow is the next Linux lesson.  I should do a review of the previous lessons before I start the next.  It's going to be a busy evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment