Friday, February 28, 2014

Donating quilts etc

Not much quilt was accomplished this week.  At least not as much as was planned.  Between the on line course from the library and sorting through a lot of slides there hasn't been much time.

The slides belong to my parents and it's been a while since any of us have viewed them.  So I'm going through them one by one.  Mom and Dad had them well organized but a bit more sorting never hurts.  Hopefully I'll be finished this weekend.

A welcome phone call from a friend that I haven't met - yet - came earlier this week.  A few years ago Deb was looking for items to be donated for a women's mission.  A mutual friend suggested she contact me.  I did have something that I was happy to donate.  Deb's husband picked the items up on his way from work so I didn't even have to worry about how to get it to her.

This year Deb is gathering items for a silent auction benefiting Alberta AdaptAbilities Association.  I had a small table topper and a crochet/embroidered bed spread to donate.  My friend Joan quickly finished up four children's quilts complete with applique teddy bears.  She delivered them to me just before Deb's husband came to pick up the donations.  I hope that these items will bring in some much needed funds for the association.  Now both Joan and I can get back to making some more items to donate for the next time there is a need.








No comments:

Post a Comment