Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February's "Welcome to the Northh Pole" Blocks

This month's blocks went together with no problems.  All that is left is is to add the embellishments. 

On the January blocks I tried to use a permanent pen to letter the signs.  There were "issues" so I've decided to make something different from the suggestions shown in the book.   Maybe make my own buttons and sew them on where the building signs go.  There are a lot of materials I could use.  Balsa wood, clay, foam..... the list goes on.  Once the decision is made the signs will be added. 

Any embellishment decisions on the two blocks below will have to wait for inspiration.  They can sit on the table for a few days.  In the mean time I have some quilts to get onto the long arm.  They've been sitting long enough.



Besides getting some quilts tops onto the frame, there is another project to get started.  And hopefully finish by next week.  More on that later.

There will be a few hours will be spent on the Linux course as well.  If only I had as much fun exercising as I do quilting and computing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment