Tuesday, September 24, 2013

WDW Trip Planning continues

What I didn't explain in my last post was that there was a communication problem when I purchased the Universal tickets.  I either misspelled JT's last name or the lovely lady at Universal misheard me.  Either way, once printed I immediately spotted the error and sent off an e-mail.  I asked if they could resend with the correct last name or would there be a problem with her using the ticket as is.  They do make you show ID when you use an electronic (e-mailed) ticket so I was concerned. 

Well, Universal gets top marks for being prompt in their reply.  The e-mail was sent late Friday evening and mid morning Monday I had a reply.  JT could use the ticket as is and their system has the correct spelling noted.

Naturally because I'm an over planner I have printed both my e-mail and their reply.  Both JT and I have copies.  Just in case.

Planning what to take:

Mom and I have shared hotel rooms before.  No issue with closet and dresser drawer allotment.  JT and I have shared hotel rooms in the past and again no problem.  JT and Mom have gone on a trip together and it worked out well.  But this is the first time SB is coming with us.  Lets just say that we do not pack the same way.

In a casual conversation with SB I mentioned that the rooms in Pop Century have one dresser with 3 drawers and one night stand.  I offered to take the lower drawer so she could have the top one and we would share the middle one.  That was when SB realized she would have to rethink what she plans on taking.  She is used to travelling alone and not having to worry about sharing closet space etc.  Plus when she travels with her husband, he really doesn't care where is stuff is.  (My husband is the same.)

I'm really glad that this issue came up in conversation prior to the trip instead of once we were there.  That could have gotten "interesting".   As SB mentioned, she is not used to travelling with another woman who would reasonable expect her fair share of storage space.  This is an example of why it is good to talk about things that seem to be of no importance.   What a person takes on a trip to wear is kinda important. 

Mom and I take very few clothes.  I need that space for all the brochures and souvenirs after all.  Mom doesn't buy much, but she likes to have room to take my over flow.  (Isn't she great!).  We do go to the laundry mat (3 of them at this resort).  So JT and SB could do the same so they don't have to pack as many clothes.  The issue is that both of them have to be careful what type of laundry soap they use because of chemical sensitivities.  TSA can get upset when you bring that kind of stuff in your luggage.  Putting some of the stuff from home in a container is a no go.  So now we are on a hunt for travel size packages of the type of soap they usually use.  Mom and I use the Purex sheets that have the soap and fabric softener all in one.  Fortunately we bought a lot of it when we could.  I haven't seen it for sale in ages.

Off to help JT pick out new luggage......


No comments:

Post a Comment