Monday, September 16, 2013

Universal Tickets

I admit that I love the planning stages of a trip.  It seems to add to the anticipation for me.  Once at my destination, all plans are forgotten and we go for the fun.

For me it's all about options.  If you don't know activities are available, or what sites there are to see, etc. then you have missed opportunities.  I'm not saying that I want to do everything that I read about.  I just don't want to be on my way home and hear someone talking about the fun they had doing and seeing things that I didn't know were there.  And what I really do not want is to be one of those people who come back from a vacation and say that there was nothing to do, and they don't understand why people go back.

So in the spirit of planning and anticipation, I called Universal Studios on Friday.  My concern was that SB wants to go there for two days while the rest of us are going for one day.  What we couldn't figure out was if I purchased all the tickets would SB be able to go on the second day without me.  The site indicated that she would need to have the credit card that purchased the tickets with her.

Turns out that rule is for "will call tickets" not for e-mail tickets.  But after the lovely lady at Universal cleared that issue up she asked if she could assist me any further.  So I asked if I could purchase the tickets through her and still get the on line price.  No problem.  So I purchased the tickets.  One more thing done!  Nope.  When I received the e-mail tickets and printed them out, JT's last name was misspelled.  I'm still awaiting an answer to my e-mail request for correction.

We will take a cab from Disney to Universal when it's the four of us going.  Four people is the break even point between taxi and Mears Bus Shuttle costs.  When SB goes on her own we will have to arrange for Mears to pick her up and bring her back.

Only thing left is travel insurance.  That's something everyone will have to do for themselves.  But I know I'll keep on reminding everyone until they get it.  Yep, definitely an over planner.




No comments:

Post a Comment