Thursday, September 5, 2013

Amazon, Fitbit and walking in the heat

I had no idea how easy it is to return items to Amazon.  I sent the Fitbit with "issues" back to Amazon following their return policy.  Except I sent it by registered mail.

Amazon had a new Fitbit out to me before they received the one I returned.  They have now acknowledged receipt of the return and have credited my credit card with almost the entire dollar value that the registered mail cost me.

My new Fitbit works great.  Syncs with my iPad immediately and is counting steps accurately.  (I wore an old pedometer for the first few days to compare.)

Now for walking in the heat.  It's been between 26 and 31 degrees (C) here.  That's a bit warm for walking.  Tuesday I got in over 14,000 steps.  Yesterday it was over 17,500.  At least Tuesday's walk was in the morning for the most part.  Yesterday's was in the mid day.  Naturally there is a quilting story here.

I first walked to the local mall to get my Kindle Fire screen protector put on.  The guys at Ghost Armour always do a good job.  I made the mistake upon returning home of checking my e-mail.  A news letter from my favourite quilt shop said that they received a certain fabric.  Can't mention what it is as it will be used in a quilt that is going to be a Christmas present.

So off to the quilt shop which is quite a walk.  At 1 in the afternoon.  By the time I got home at 3:30 I was wilted.  Nothing got done the rest of the day.  But I did get the fabric and there was only a half bolt left so it's a good thing I went when I did!  Now for another walk to a different store to get some more fabric to use in this quilt.  That will be my walk for today.  Fortunately it's cooler and I won't be forgetting to bring water.

Anyone looking for some inspiration in getting healthy?  Check out these sites:

Nerd Fitness

Don't let the name or the home page scare you off.  It's a great site with common sense attitude.

Sparkpeople

Any health issue, hobby, interest, you name it, you will find information on it.  Or a group of people to team up with to keep you motivated and informed.

Both of these groups are free to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment