Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Christmas Present

Back in October, DH treated myself and my Mom.   He drove us to Leduc so we could attend their quilt show.  Lots of lovely quilts,  A great quilter's market.  And best of all, we were able to see a number of quilts that our friend Liliana had on display.  

The attention to detail and all the embellishments Liliana uses, makes her quilts works of art.

It was while walking around the quilters market that DH found my Christmas present.  A lovely dragonfly quilt kit.  Only thing not included in the kit was the batting and backing fabric.   It's lovely.

The two 365 Challenge quilts are finished.   As is my huge roman tile quilt.  So it's time to start a new project.  The dragonfly quilt will be a challenge.  Small pieces, raw edge appliqué.  Lots of time at the iron and sewing machine.  The hardest part.....following the instructions.  For this quilt it's a must, or the quilter will become lost!

There are 20 wings to put together, then stitch.  Here's the first two.  I know they are not evenly spaced.  But I really don't think dragonflies care.  So I won't either.


1 comment:

  1. The wings are simply gorgeous, Tara! Love them! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete