Sunday, April 10, 2016

Embroidery and Block of the Day project

My DS decided that his birthday gift for me this year would be a visit to the Telus Space Science Centre for the Sherlock Holmes Exhibits only Canadian stop.  Definitely worth going to.  We only had about 3 to 3 1/2 hours to spend but could have easily spent another 3 or 4 hours at the exhibit and looking around the rest of the Science Centre.  The reason why we couldn't stay...."a" tax man was coming to do our 2015 taxes later in the afternoon.  (Anyone watch the early Corner Gas shows?)

Of course I had to bring in some Disney (and play with a sewing machine) to the day.  Mickey Mouse started showing up in a Deer Stalker hat welding a magnifying glass, in comics back in the early 1950's. Here's what we sported on our jackets:

I had fun making three of these.  But it would have been much more sensible if I had not waited to start until 12 hours before going.


The BOD (365 Block of the Day Challenge) has been the focus of my quilting for the past week or so.  The centre has been put together for both quilts.  And I believe most of the blocks have been made for the dark border which will be added soon.  I am so looking forward to getting that far!

Making the block each day is a big commitment.  And I can see myself deciding that there will be a lot of focus fabric squares in between the pieced blocks so the quilts go faster.  Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment