Wednesday, April 27, 2016

365 Block of the Day Challenge - The Centre

We got the email!  The one where we are told to put the borders on the centre medallion!  Finally!

After a celebration call to Joan who is working on the BOD project along with me, I ran to the sewing room.  With great anticipation hundreds of little blocks are sewn together and then added to the centre of the quilts.  And naturally things don't go as well as expected.

The blocks are all sized correctly.  Seams meet with little to no issue.  Before I know it I am proudly looking at the first quilt centre complete with borders.  Bring out the wine to celebrate!  Oh, wait.  Something looks funky. 

I decide to bring in the experts.  My DS as well as Joan.  Yep, it's funky.  There are too many lights in one corner and none in the other three.  We need some balance here people!

Mom laughs as she asks if I'm crying.  In junior high school I would cry every time I had to rip out a seam.  With a one or two years (okay - over 20) of quilting under my seam ripper, I've stopped crying.  Practise makes perfect and I'm a master frog stitcher now.

With time and patience along with some Disney podcasts, the seams are ripped, blocks turned, and the two centres are done:



I wonder when we get to add the next 100 or so blocks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment