Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Ducks in my yard!

It's possible that we have never been outside or looked out the window at the right time before.  Or maybe this is the first time it's happened.  We have ducks in our front yard.

I was expecting a friend to come over for a fun  day of quilting.  When she arrived she parked behind our garage instead of on the front street as usual.  When I asked why, my friend explained that she didn't want to disturb the napping ducks.

Camera in hand I rushed to the front window and this is what I saw:



 There were four ducks altogether.  More visitors arrived and I guess the ducks decided there was too much activity.  We got a scolding for disturbing their rest.  What a racket!

Our berry bushes are in bloom so it was time to take the solitary bees out from the fridge and place them outside in a safe place.  We'll be checking today to see if any of them survived the winter.

The bee housing has been set out so we can start all over.  First photo shows the can with parchment tubes inserted for easy bee removal come fall.  The second shows the side of the can.




No comments:

Post a Comment