Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A quick DIY tablet stand

I'm beginning to dislike Pinterest.  Every day I find projects to add to my "to do" list. 

One of the most recent finds was a tablet stand.  It would hold a tablet when sitting up in bed, or laying down watching videos.  Very cute, but a lot of pieces.  And you had to encase the little foam balls used in bean bag chairs.  Then add a zipper to the stand so the "pillow" that holds the bean bag balls inside. 

I had a dentist appointment today and because of the icy walk I left early to get to the mall where my dentists office is.  There was time to hit the dollar stores before my appointment.  One of the shops had chair pads for $3.  These pads had a non slip backing.  Cool.

I picked up two of them.  A stand for myself and one for DS.  A few minutes in the sewing room and I had one stand made.  Three buttons keep the top half of the chair pad together.  Non slip side facing outwards. 

The next one I make I won't bother with sewing buttons to hold the pad in half.  I'll most likely use yarn or decorative string and "tie" the top chair pad in half.  It will be even easier than sewing buttons.

Hope the following photos help to explain....

Front and back of chair pads:

Now a tablet stand folded in half - only front and back top are held together:

Tablet stand with bottom of chair pad open to hold top half upright:
Stand holding an 8" tablet:

 This stand holds my tablet on my lap to read or play games.  Or on the bed to watch videos.




No comments:

Post a Comment