Saturday, January 30, 2016

365 Block of the Day Challenge-January's blocks and DIY spool thread keeper

Those of us taking up the 365 Block of the Day Challenge are celebrating that we made it through the first month. 

Thirty one 3 1/2" blocks made.  Then we realized that these blocks are enough to make one side of an inside border.  There are 112 blocks in the first dark border.  We have a ways to go with only 31 made so far.



With the success of the DIY bobbin holders, I decided to take the idea one step further.  How about keeping thread on all the spools in the various boxes of thread?  I have thread for my long arm, for my domestic machine, for my chain stitch machine as well as my embroidery machine.  Then there is the speciality thread:  nylon, metallic, glow in the dark and the like.

Off to Staples to buy plastic binding spines of a larger size.  Some of the smaller spools will fit into the 1/2" spines that I used for my bobbins.  The mid size and larger spools fit quite nicely in the 1" spines.  These are easy to cut with scissors.  Leave one ring extra to assist with holding the spine when removing the spools.





Hope I can make putting the spools back into the holders a habit.  Because there is no mess of threads in the boxes now!




No comments:

Post a Comment