Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Castle tote bags!

When we went to Disney World last year I carried a home made backpack.  On it was the names of the podcasts I listened to.  The pack served it's purpose.  Which was to increase our fun by getting us involved in some very interesting and fun conversations.

Last year's backpack:



So for the all ladies trip this year, I just had to make a bag for each of us to use.  At least for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

After a lot of frustration with a sewing machine that is skipping stitches, a purchased pattern that didn't work out......
 
I am almost finished the tote/backpack bags!

I really did not like the first one that I made following the pattern.  It was way too large and did not have anything to keep contents from spilling out.

So I re-designed.  It's still a bit too large.  But it now had 3 Velcro secure pockets, one small zippered pocket inside the main part which also has a zipper.

To use as a tote bag the straps are attached to the two loops on either side at the top of the tote bag. 

To use as a backpack. one end of the strap is attached to the loop at the bottom, then the strap is pulled through the loop at the top centre of the bag.  Then it is attach at the bottom loop on opposite side of the bag.

I did cheat and purchased adjustable straps for 3 of the bags.  On the one that I'll be using I made the strap since it will be used as a backpack only.

I still have to write the names of all the WDW trip planning podcasts that I listen to on my bag.  That part is always nerve wracking since there is no way to correct mistakes.  Once on, the writing is there to stay.

Here's the Castle Bag:

e
Hope the ladies like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment