Friday, October 18, 2013

Still more trip planning

Mom calls to let me know that she still has not received anything from UPS.  She and JT should have their Magical Express voucher and luggage tags by now.  I still have not received SB's luggage tag, although we do have our voucher and I have my luggage tag.  So what now?

I decide to re check and re check and re check our reservations.  Both on-line and paper.  Finally I spot the problem.  I'd feel bad that it took me so long except that the other ladies checked and they didn't spot it either.  There was no apartment number on Mom's reservation.  The mail man has no way of knowing what mail box to put the envelope in.  UPS would probably believe the envelope is going to a house since there is no apartment number.  So they would feel that the address is incorrect.

Here I am, at 7 am walking to my son's to use his phone.  He has a long distance plan and there is no way I'm going to call Disney without either using VOIP or a phone that has a long distance plan.  The time on hold can seem endless when you call them.

Turns out that Mom's address is so long there is no room in the address field for the apartment number.  Disney IT people end up getting involved to correct this.  An e-mail has been sent to me with the correct address on the reservation. 

I have to meet up with Mom and her friend at the mall to give Mom her hand me down cell phone (I just got a hand me down from my son).  While waiting for them I check my e-mail (the mall has free wi-fi and I do not have a data plan - too cheap).  The e-mail from Disney is there....but the apartment number is wrong.  The first two numbers are switched. 

Give Mom her phone, stop at Rogers to help her get her name corrected and then walk home.  This time to use VOIP to call Disney.  A cast member came on line immediately.  He made the correction and sent another e-mail.  Then I was off the the quilt shop to help sew up tote bags for local women shelters.

Fast forward 5 hours and Mom calls to say that UPS has arrived with the Magical Express voucher.  She had called a week ago and asked where it was.  The Mear's employee took down her address (correctly) and apparently their computer system doesn't have an issue with long addresses.  She is still waiting for the Disney Resort vouchers and souvenir luggage tags though.

We are still waiting for SB's luggage tag.  I had called Magical Express (Mears) the day before Mom did, but it still has not arrived.  It's not the end of the world as we still can use the Magical Express to go from the airport to the resort.  But it would be nice if SB didn't have to collect her luggage at the Orlando airport and haul it around with her.  Keeping our fingers crossed that the luggage tag will get here!

By the way, with all the walking to my son's to the mall, back home, then to the quilt ship, I put in some good training for walking in the parks.  Fitbit showed almost 16,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment