Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Quilt tops are now quilts

During a clean up of my sewing room, I came across a number of quilt tops in need of time on the quilting frame.   Some of these were quite well aged.

Last year I finally quilted the roman tile bed quilt.  That was years in the making.  I got carried away making the blocks and the top would have covered a king size bed with a twin bed beside it.  I removed a number of rows, quilted the queen sized quilt and it's on the bed.  But what to do with the left over blocks?

Here's the queen size:
And here's what I made with the left over blocks:
The quilt was finished several weeks ago.  Now for the rest of the "found" tops.

A little four patch to practice quilting:

There were a lot of HST's left over, so they were cut down to the same size and this baby quilt is the result:
 Wish I could remember where the pattern is for this one.  I'd like to make another:
I posted photos of my stash and asked the hearts2hands to pick the fabric and the border to put around the centre of this quilt.  There is a border a month.  This was back in 2016 if I remember correctly.  It's finally finished!  
 A close up of the quilting for this one.  So mindless and fun!  I had a big stupid grin on my face the whole time I was quilting it!

 Another quilt from left over blocks (orphan blocks). 
This is a very scrappy quilt.  When I ran out of white on white, I cut up an old bed sheet my Mom had given me.  It works and there's fabric out of my stash.
A simple 9 patch for quilting practice.  A good baby quilt size.

No comments:

Post a Comment