Monday, March 11, 2019

Now on to the quilt kit challenge

All the quilt tops are now finished!  What next?  Quilt kits!   Over the years I've acquired a number of quilt kits.  Some simple, some not.  This past weekend I broke out one and got it done.


This is a raw edge applique quilt.  Because of my vision issues, I had difficulty stitching down the edges of all these little pieces.  I just could not see the edge and would totally miss stitching down most of the points.  Out came the Crayola Washable Markers.  I traced the edges that needed to be stitched down.  After the quilting and binding was finished, with fingers crossed, the quilt was tossed into the washer and dryer.  Would the dark blue markers wash out?  Yes! 

A few points were still missed, but feathers and leaves do not lay flat, so that just adds to the quilt....right?

Now to decide which kit is opened next.   A cat quilt perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment