Sunday, May 27, 2018

Another Month!

I'm not doing very well in keeping this blog up to date!  And there are no excuses this time.  I can't even say that I've been busy quilting.

I did make a birthday present.  And it was well received.  I love this wallet pattern.  It's very practical.  And light.  Of course that depends on what's in it.  But at least it doesn't start out as being heavy.  Some wallets (and purses) are heavy before anything is place in them.  Which is why I use fabric bags, wallets and purses. 

This wallet has Daisy Duck on it.  My friend loves Daisy.  But it's really difficult to find anything with "The Duck".  Even at the Disney Parks.  I'm hoping that changes in the future.  But in the mean time.....here's "Her Duckness".


3 comments:

  1. Hi Tara, I just found this blog post. I found that pattern a few months ago and fell in love with it, it's exactly what I've been searching for! I've made 5 plus 2 minis for my granddaughters. I taught 2 classes at the quilt store for it. Yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Our LQS had classes so I bought the kit for the first one. Then I couldn't attend. I did figure the pattern out. My wallet has been in use for four or five years. Shows no sign of wear. My friend still uses her Daisy wallet. One of the gals at volunteer sewing has made so many. She now uses rivets on the side edges where it's a pain to get under the sewing machine. Much easier! If I ever make another one that's what I'll do!

      Delete