Tuesday, April 24, 2018

It's been over a month!

Where did the month of April go?  Birthday's have been celebrated.  Funerals attended.  And dentist appointments....too many dentist appointments!

I broke another tooth.  After the repair, I agreed to getting a crown for it.  The dentist didn't appreciate that what I wanted was a tiara.  We had words, he won. 

Then the tooth broke further down.  A temporary filling has been used until the gums heal enough to figure out if I'll need the crown or have the tooth pulled and an implant put in.  Or some other solution.  Who knows. 

I had been happily quilting along with Angela Walter's free motion challenge.  Then the haze on my cataract lens got so bad that I had to take a break.  The lessons have been saved.  The laser procedure that hopefully will fix the lens is scheduled for tomorrow.  If it's successful, then it will be catch up time for the free motion challenge.  I'm really looking forward to that!

I did make it to volunteer sewing last week.  Bringing my trusty Featherweight machine.  But my little machine would not stitch.  After a half hour of frustration I moved over to the pressing and pinning station and let others do the sewing.

Turns out that when I cleaned and oiled the Featherweight, I failed to put in the bobbin casing properly.  There's a little latch ((for lack of a better word) on the bobbin case that has to be secured by the needle plate.  Fortunately, DH was able to figure the problem out right away.

What's happening with hearts2hands Yahoo quilting group?  Looks like we may be moving over to a new platform.  With the Facebook privacy issues happening, a lot of social media companies are in a panic to cover their butts.  Yahoo Groups has new owners and they will be insisting that everyone agree to new privacy contracts.  Which most of us are refusing to do.  If we don't agree, we will be dropped from the groups.

How will we keep in touch?   Over the past 10 years members of the group have become close friends.  Some have met IRL.   We get inspiration and support from each other.  The hunt was on for a new platform for our group.  And Facebook isn't where most of us were willing to go.

One member suggested MeWe.  We checked it out.  Watched and read reviews not only on how to use this platform, but also the privacy protections.  Not bad!  The group has been created under the name A Scrappy Life.  Members are still not only getting used to it, but testing the privacy limits.  So far, it's looking good.  A bit more time consuming.  And there's a learning curve.  But I think we'll get used to it.

That's it for now.   Off to yet another medical appointment.  Hopefully I can spend time in the sewing room this evening.  Even if it's just to clean machines so they are ready to hum after my laser treatment tomorrow.

Next post I hope to share my secret (from DS) project.  I'm loving how it's turning out so far!!!






1 comment:

  1. It's my DH who is really into the solar. I'll pass the links on to him!

    ReplyDelete