Tuesday, July 17, 2018

A "New" Sewing Machine!

Wow, it hasn't been a month since the last post.  Who knows, maybe the posts will go up more frequently for the next while. 

My dentist should be able to retire soon.  I've had two crowns in the past month.  Actually the second one is still a temporary, with the permanent one next week.  Anyone wondering why I'm not buying fabric?  (Besides having a huge stash already.)

Between appointments I was able to get into the sewing room a bit.  Four fidget quilt tops are ready to take to volunteer sewing come September.  Now I have no excuse not to get working on DS's Christmas quilt.  It's on the frame, ready to be quilted.  I'm just too chicken to get started!  This top will not be easy to quilt.

Here are the four little fidget quilts:


Each quilt top has a block with a zipper, pockets, embroidery, either tatting or some other textured item and ribbon loops.  One even has a bow and a baby sock.

DH must have got tired of my checking all the garage sales we stopped at for a toy Singer sewing machine.  It's the thrill of the chase, you know.  Anyway, he decided to surprise me by buying one on eBay.  The 1955 Singer Sew Handy 20 arrived yesterday.  She is in great condition, complete with the original manual and table clamp.  A very nice stitch!

The cardboard box is in very rough shape.  I know I'll get yelled at by the "experts" but I plan on doing something with the box to keep the artwork preserved.  But the box will be destroyed.



I'll post a better photo once she is set up properly.




No comments:

Post a Comment