Monday, March 12, 2018

The Dragon Fly Quilt Is Finished!

Finally finished the binding on the Dragon Fly wall hanging.  There is still the mitered corners to stitch down.   And once the decision is made on where to hang the quilt, the sleeve will have to be added.  But the hard part is done.  I know where the mistakes are.  But hopefully one will have to get up very close to notice them!

Before I show a photo of the wall hanging, I have to mention the Virtual Retreat we had with the hearts2hands Yahoo group on Saturday.  A one day event, with lots of emails back and forth.  Virtual meals and desserts were enjoyed (best way to stick to a diet).  Along with quilt block bingo and a mystery quilt for those who wanted to play along.  A big thanks to Karen for doing this for the group!

Here's the top that I made following Karen's instructions:





A Sudoku Puzzle quilt!  What a great way to use up some novelty fabric FQ's that I have.  I'm thinking the next one will be a Yogi Bear quilt.

And now for the Dragon Fly Wall Hanging:


I don't think there is a right side up.  So we'll check out the different ways it hang on the wall.  Yes, there are a few tucks and puckers on it.  But I'm still happy with the quilt.

2 comments:

  1. I love the dragonflies, Tara. I love how it's lighter in the middle, and dark around the edges. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again - absolutely stunning! Gorgeous! Beautiful! There aren't enough words!

    ReplyDelete