Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sewing - a lot of sewing

The 365 Block of the day challenge has been keeping me in the sewing room.  Not because the blocks are a lot of work.  It's just that once I get in there, it's hard to leave.  One project leads to another.

Here's what was made in January and February along with what we have of the quilt centre so far:


The ladies on hearts2hands had a virtual retreat last weekend.  Some of us played with the "L" block.  I still have to quilt my top, but here's what I made.  Using just one fabric (I did pay for both sides!)





Volunteer sewing at Sew Divine is focused on fidget quilts for patients with dementia.  These are small lap quilts with buttons, zippers that keep hands busy.  I've made nine tops and still have to get seven backed and quilted.  At least I have the backing prepared!

I offered to make some reusable cloth bags for a friend.  She has the one without embroidery already.  Hopefully she enjoys the second one with her Daisy Duck.


It's time to focus on the quilting process.  I have this lovely 17" Bailey just sitting here, seldom being used.  Time to get some practice in and start working on all the tops that are piling up.  Who knows....I just may be happy with my quilting by the time all of the tops are done.






No comments:

Post a Comment