Sunday, July 12, 2015

A quilt top long time in the making

A long long time ago some internet friends participated in a Dresden Plate cat block exchange.  A friend at one of my local quilting groups wanted to exchange blocks.  Because she did not have a computer to join any internet swaps, I asked this group if they would help out.

Seven members did.  And the blocks were exchanged.  My friend made her quilt years ago.  But mine went into a bin, not to see the light of day for almost 20 years.  Two days ago I was looking for blocks to use in a Gypsy Wife quilt and discovered them.  Stored in a bag, lonely and forgotten.

Once I put my mind to it, the quilt top came together very quickly.  I wasn't fussy about how it got put together.  I just wanted it done.

A casual comment to another friend gives this quilt a happy life.  She has a toy baby cradle and she will finish the quilt (yeah) so the cradle and quilt can go to her 4 year old great grand daughter.

She's happy.  The little one will be happy.  And I'm ecstatic to have a bunch of blocks come out of storage and get used!

Now to dig through some more bins.  Who knows what I might find.  But one thing finished as far as I'm going to take it and off my guilt plate.




3 comments: