Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Quilting and vacation planning

For Christmas, my dear husband enrolled me (and paid for) a block of the month club at my local quilt shop.  He had to tell me about it before Christmas as the first block instructions and fabric were handed out in early December.  With Christmas, a number of family and friends passing away (4 to be exact) it wasn't until last week that I was able to start working on the block.  It was to be finished before January 23 when the next block came out.  Well it wasn't until January 25 before I managed to get the block finished.

Here is the first block for a quilt pattern named "Pumpkin Patch Lane"


I was really intimidated by the block so I found loads of excuses to delay starting on it.  Once I got started, the block was a lot of fun.

An e-mail friend contacted me to see if I would like a spool holder that had been given to her.  She included a photo and I said yes please!  It was dropped off on Monday and is great.  The spool holder measures 30" high and 25" wide with storage at the bottom.  I haven't counted how many spools it holds, but it holds all the threads I have!


So now I have to re-organize my sewing room yet again.  Now that is always fun.  You never know what I might re-locate during a clean up.

Now for the trip planning. 

We had our first trip planning meeting last weekend.  This is for our spring trip to Walt Disney World.  There are 6 of us going with 5 staying on Disney property.  Planning included the ins and outs of meal planning, how we will meet up at the park, getting to the airport and even ideas on what to pack.  I'm sure there will be more meetings which I'm looking forward to.

The family member who will not be on property is staying at a time share.  A good friend has arranged for him stay there.  Unfortunately, trying to get information from the company that runs the time share has been a nightmare.  The staff actually working at the time share resort are great.  But a lot of the information has to come from the main company. 

He is trying to get confirmation that the reservation at the resort is in his name. (Would be nice to know he actually has a place to stay.)  When the park shuttles come and where the shuttles drop and pick guests up? (Be much easier to meet up with him if we know where and when they will drop him off.)  Any expenses he has to plan for?  All the questions that usually come up when you plan a trip. 

So while he is waiting for a number of weeks for answers to his questions and concerns he gets a phone call.  Call display says it's from the management company for the time share.  Great, they are calling with some of the answers.  Nope.  It's a sales pitch.  "You have won a free vacation.  All you have to do for your three day vacation is sit in on a time share sales pitch."  How is it free if he still has to pay for the flight, food, etc.?  The sales agent would not get off the phone and finally our family member has to hang up.  This is at 7 in the morning!  Not a great way to start the day.

Here's hoping he finally gets the information he requires soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment