Saturday, January 31, 2015

Finally caught up on some quilting!

On Thursday we had to euthanize our lovely grey cat, Ba'el.  She was not eating, had heart and kidney failure as well as thyroid problems.

This was not an easy decision.  Decisions like this never are.  She had been part of our lives for 17 years. 

Ba'el was my constant companion when quilting.  I knew that my sewing room would feel really lonely.  Postponing sewing would only make it worse. 

So after coming home from the vet's I went for a long walk.  On icy side walks.  You have to concentrate hard when you walk on ice.  I found that that kind of concentrating helps centre my thoughts.  After the walk I headed for the sewing room.

 I started working on block #2 for the Pumpkin Patch Lane block of the month quilt. 


Not sure what I'll work on tomorrow, but time in the sewing room is a must.  Otherwise I'll avoid going in there for months. 

Our other cat Tina doesn't like to come upstairs much any more.  And she has never been very interested in quilting.  Somehow I don't think she will be taking Ba'el's place in the sewing room.




2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of Ba'el's passing. Good for you recognizing that going right back into your sewing room is the best thing, I'm sure she'll be there in spirit. Love the block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara - I am so sorry for your loss. That is always a difficult decision but you did what was best for her. She was lucky to have you as her people. May her spirit inhabit your sewing room until your next sewing buddy comes along. Hugs. Lori S.

    ReplyDelete