Monday, August 18, 2014

More lovely non sewing weather

It's been lovely here.  Just ask the mosquitoes.  This is the worst August in 10 years in Edmonton according to city officials.   For having too many mosquitoes that is.  Other than that the weather has been wonderful!

The very hot weather is working it's magic with my night scented evening stocks.  They look so scraggly during the day.  Come night, they open up and release the most heavenly scent.  No wonder the cats like to bend the stocks over to make a bed to lay down on.  I would do so as well if I could stand those pesky mosquitoes.

I've upped my walking goals to 12,000 steps at the minimum every day.  With the great weather and having to keep moving or get bit, I've been logging in quite a bit more than that.  I'll miss the walking once winter comes and the side walks are too icy.

Speaking of side walks....the city did get back to me about the fence and side walk issue.  While there is no start or finish date, the problem will be addressed.  I'm just hoping it will be before the snow comes.  We now have several neighbours in the area that are using wheelchairs.  Having to go off the side walk, into the mud or snow to get anywhere will be an issue for them.

I did finish the wallet I mentioned in my last post.  And it's cute plus very usable.


It was fun to make and I'm hoping to find time to make a few more.
And does it ever hold a lot!  Even my cell phone and my card case.


Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment