Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Upcycling Placemats and a bit of catching up

A long story made even longer.  A couple of days ago I talked myself into getting an air fryer.  Yeah, I know, the person who doesn't cook has more kitchen gadgets than anyone else around.

Of course I had to make room in my pantry/linen closet to house the air fryer.  It's one way to get the closet emptied and organized.  During the clean up I came across four place mats gifted to me by a friend ages ago.  They are a bit on the large size.

Too nice not to use.  So I look around my kitchen in a desperate search for ideas.  On the counter is a glass baking dish that I have to return to my Mom.  That's it!  I'll make a holder for glass baking dishes.  That way they won't scorch the table/table cloth when sitting on the table.  And it will be much easier to pass along the dishes with no need for pot holders.

First comes bringing the sides together:
Next mark a line about 4 to 4 1/2" from the corner using washable marker:
Repeat for the other three corners then stitch along the line.  An hour later I have four dish holders:

DS will be hosting Christmas this year in his new home.   The outside of the house is all decorated.  Now for the inside.  A three skirt:
Bet he wishes he hadn't bought me that Christmas Disney  Cars fabric.

And two bows made from Christmas Pooh Bear (again gifted to me by DS).
If he didn't want me to make him something with this fabric, he shouldn't have given it to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment