I was asked to make a Florida quilt for a friend's husband. The catch was the quick turn around time. The request came last Thursday and the husband's birthday is this Wednesday. One week to make the quilt.
A quick search turned up the centre of a quilt I got started making with left over pieces ages ago. It was put away when a new project was started and forgotten about. Time to get a few borders on this centre.
At least I had kept all the complimentary fabric needed in the same tote bag. No time wasted trying to find just what was needed in my stash. It was all there waiting.
A day or so later and the top was ready to go on the frame. No batting. Off to the store to pick that up. Then, what I thought I'd use for backing just would not work. Off to the fabric store. Fortunately I found just the right fabric on sale. It was the end of the bolt. Only 5" longer than what I needed.
Bailey felt like sewing. Only time I had to stop was to change the bobbin.
Even the binding went on smoothly. This is too easy. I was right. Way too easy.
I used a decorative stitch on the top to stitch the binding down. It looks great on the front of the quilt. Turn it over and it's very wavy. I'm not pleased with that at all. But the front looks great! So I'm not redoing it. I just know that it wouldn't be any better the second time around. Hope he likes it!