Thursday, June 8, 2017

Two months update

It's been two months since my last post.  Time flies?  Not really.  It seems like a very long time.

DS has moved into his home.  The condo sold.  He injured his eye just before his move.  Had an operation mid May.  Still in quite a bit of discomfort.  But he's home and has his cats back with him.  It's just going to take longer to get everything set up the way he wants.

DH injured his back.  He's just now starting to get his mobility back.  Still has some bad days.  It has not been easy getting the plants in and keeping the yard up.

My cataract surgery went well.  I can't wait until I can start wearing prescription glasses again.  Getting tired of the blurry life.  But there are some things to be said for not being able to see clearly.  I don't see the house work that needs to be done!  My leg is doing much better.  I only limp when I over do the walking.

Enough about health issues!  Lets talk quilting.  Not being able to see things clearly hasn't kept me from sewing.  As soon as I had the lifting and bending restrictions lifted, I was back in the sewing room.


One of my first projects was to embroider Daisy on to a friend's hat.  She wanted to individualize her hat from the thousands sold at Disney World.  Not many Daisy hats out there.

Some of the quilters on the hearts2hands group were talking about their Canada 150 Birthday quilts.  I searched my stash and found a panel and co-ordinating fabric.  Enough to make a small quilt along with the backing.  Here's Phileas checking it out.  The top is on my quilt frame at the moment.  Hopefully the quilting will be finished this evening or some time tomorrow.

Then I was given the opportunity to test a pattern for PineRose Designs.  Sorry, no early viewing of the top.  But I can show you the backing I pieced for the runner.


I can' wait to show off the finished project.  This was fun to make!

Now for something scary.  Mom decided she wanted an electric pressure cooker.  After much research and pricing, she decided on an Oster brand.  She is really enjoying using it.  So being a good mom, she decided to get me one as well.

As stated many times in the past....I really do not like to cook.  But I must say that using the pressure cooker has been interesting and so far - no flops.  So who knows.  If I can get DH to start eating stews, chili and soup, I just may start cooking on a regular basis.  I know that there are loads more that can be made in the pressure cooker.  But those are the things I like the most.  So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment