Friday, March 17, 2017

My Summer Disney Backpack/shoulder Bag

It was time to make a new backpack/shoulder bag for myself.  DS had given me more Disney fabric for Christmas.  I still had some of the limited edition fabric left from Last year's Christmas gift.. 

The new bag went together easily.  As usual, there was no pattern.  Just build as you go.  Making sure there are a LOT of pockets.  Two outside zippered pockets.  The inside has one pocket with a zipper, a sunglass pocket, and 3 smaller pockets.


What I didn't do, but should have, was to make sure the pockets on the outside were placed higher up.  Keys in these pockets drop to the bottom, which is partly at the bottom of the bag.  If the bag is full (as mine always is) fishing the keys out is a pain.  One pocket was supposed to be for my cell phone.  That's not going to work.  It would be way to easy to damage the cell phone when it slides down to the bottom of the bag.  Just plunking the bag down on a counter or the floor could have a bad outcome.

The five pockets (including one zippered) on the inside are fine.   Next bag will have two zippered pockets like my first bag does.  Although this bag does have a special pocket for sunglasses.  No more searching for those.  They are always where I can find them easily.

This is also a case of measure twice and cut once.  The first bag is a perfect size.  Easy to get things in and out of.  I thought that I was making this bag the same size.  It's not.  About 2" narrower.  It's amazing how much difference 2" makes.   But it does carry what I need (and probably more) so I'll use it over the summer. 

My next bag to be made this fall will feature the Disney Evil Villains.  Possibly in purple.




No comments:

Post a Comment