Sunday, March 8, 2015

Pumpkin Patch Lane Block 3

This block was a real struggle.  Must be my eyes.  Where I thought I read 1/4 it really read 3/4.  You guessed it.  I was squaring up to the wrong measurements.  5 1/4 instead of 5 3/4, and so on.

Because this is a block of the month, there is a limited amount of fabric provided by the quilt shop.  And the current block must be the same finished size as the previous ones.  No fudging allowed!

The centre window is off kilter as well.  This fabric is printed on specially prepared sheets.  You cut the section you need, peel off the backing, wash it under hot water and iron dry.  No matter what I did, it looked wonky.  Nothing was square.  As I haven't had this issue before with the printed package I have no idea what went wrong.

So I'm waiting to see if the block will speak to me as to what it wants added in order to make it look better.  It better talk fast.  I'm hoping it will just want some window trim or leaves.  Something like that.  Please, not a tree full of leaves!  But you know quilt bocks.  They have a mind of their own.




No comments:

Post a Comment