Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Some sewing done...but not enough

For the first time I am behind in my block of the month project.  I picked up the fabrics early.  So there is no excuse except for nice weather.  I've been out walking more and then there is the "Spring Cleaning". 

I doubt anyone can tell I've been cleaning.  But I know I have been.  Each day my home feels like it has more air. 

Oh, and taxes are done!  That always makes me feel lighter.  Not in the pocket as I almost always get a refund.  But lighter as in a responsibility has been lifted off our shoulders.  Done for another year.  So on to sewing....

So if I haven't been working on the block of the month, what have I been working on?  Bags.  I received some fabric that begged to be used in bags.  So here are the two bags finished last week:


 The first bag is a "Margo" bag with lots of pockets.  The second is a zippered tote bag with pockets.

The past week also included a birthday party for myself and my Mom.  Thanks again ladies.  It was fun.  Then on Friday was a fun baby shower.  The new Mom's friends and family certainly had great ideas of their own.  Add to that ideas from the Internet and it was a lovely party.  Check out the bag every guest received.  Lifesaver soothers were tied with ribbon around each popcorn bag and a photo of the baby and his birth date, weight, etc were included.  Too cute!



Plan for today....get working on that block of the month!  After I finish today's lesson for my on line drawing course.  And get a walk in.  And .....

No comments:

Post a Comment