Thursday, August 24, 2017

Bento Box Quilt

I had been collecting FQ's with musical theme for a number of years now.  The plan was to make two quilts for two music lovers in the family.  Their lives have taken a different focus lately.  A music themed quilt would no longer be the way to go.  But the fabric collection kept saying "do something". 

One of the ladies on the hearts2hands Yahoo quilting group was making a Bento Box quilt.  So I thought why not.  And the top was made.  And gathered dust.  And was forgotten about. 

The top was came to surface during a recent sewing room clear out.  What a great top to practice some different quilting patterns!  It was loaded on to the frame.  And stayed there.  And time passed.  And nothing else was getting quilted because this top needed to get done. 

Two days ago a friend put out a call for help.  She needs to get three quilts done quickly.  And her sewing machine will not work.  Could she possibly use my Bailey?  Why yes, of course she could.  The Bento Box could be taken off.  Or could be simply quilted.  Knowing if I took it off the frame the top may never get quilted I revved up the Bailey.  Using an all over leaf pattern, the top was finished in two hours.

Next comes a thorough cleaning and Bailey will be ready for my friends three quilts.  Here's the Bento Box quilt.  Ready for the next call for charity quilts:


This is not a pattern I will do again.  I can think of so many other patterns that I enjoy so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment